- Character Trait: Leadership
- June 1st- School Council Meeting @ 6 pm
- June 3rd: Character Ed Assembly at 2:00 pm
- June 3rd- HAT Day
- June 7th- JK Open House at 6 pm
- June 9th- Jump Rope for Heart
- June 10th- PA Day NO School
- June 16th- Grade 7/8's to Shaw Festival to see Alice in Wonderland
- June 17th- Scientists in Schools visit the Kindergarten Class
- June 17th- Final School Dance of the Year for grades 4-8
- June 20th-23rd- Grade 7/8's at Camp Weteskawin
- June 21st- Grade 1-6 trip to Aquarium
- June 24th- Grade 8 Graduation at Collegiate
- June 24th- JAGUAR PRIDE DAY- Wear your Pride shirts!
- June 27th- Report Cards Go Home
- June 28th- EI McCulley Has Got Talent 2 (9am-1045 am)
- June 28th-Play Day/Student BBQ
- June 29th-Year End Assembly (9:30 am) and Last Day of School
Welcome to EI McCulley School! Home to the Jaguars! Jaguar Pride! Be A Champion!
THIS MONTH'S Character Trait: LEADERSHIP
“The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say “I”. They don’t think “I.” They think “we”; they think “team.” – Peter Drucker
Message from Mr. Harley
June is a time for reflecting and celebrating on the school year and planning ahead for September. Looking back at what it meant to be a E.I. McCulley Jaguar during this current school year, we can’t help but cele-brate the many successes our students achieved in academics, character development, the arts, and ath-letics. Their success have truly been a team effort and we are most thankful and appreciative for the entire E.I. McCulley community: students, parents, staff, secretarial staff, bus drivers, and community volunteers. Our motto of “We take PRIDE in all that we do” is a reflection of the positive school culture we all contribute to each and every day.
We would also like to extend our best wishes to Ms. Cuthbert, Mr. Medhurst, Ms. Favotto , Ms.Young and Mrs. Wood who are leaving us after a most successful year. Ms.Cuthbert is off to teach Kindergarten at Forestview in Niagara Falls, Mr.Medhurst will be teaching at a school still to be determined in September. Ms.Favotto will be teaching Kindergarten at Port Weller P.S. and Ms.Young takes on a new role at School Support Services as a Special Education Consultant. Mrs. Wood will be looking for a new assignment in September. We wish her all the best in her search!
You are always welcome here at E.I. McCulley! All five of you have made contributions to Home of the Jaguars and the kids will not ever forget you. I am thankful I had the opportunity to learn from all of you! All the best!
A special thank you also goes out to Jan Levesque, our School Council Chair who worked tirelessly along-side our Council volunteers for the benefit of our AMAZING McCulley students. After 15 years of service, Jan will be stepping down because all of her babies are off to high school! Thanks for all that you have done for this awesome school. You should be commended for your dedication and your heart!
We would also like to convey sincere congratulations to our grade 8 students on their upcoming graduation. You have our best wishes as you enter the next phase of your education; please stay in touch! You are a special group of kids!
We look forward to seeing all of our students when school resumes on Tuesday, September 6th at 9:00am. At this time, all students in grades 1 to 8 will be escorted into the gymnasium for a welcome back message and class lists will be announced at that time. Tell your neighbours and friends, EI McCulley is the place to be!!
Lastly, we would like to say thank you to our students’ families for their continued support and active involvement in the E.I. McCulley learning community. We will never forget this year for the rest of our lives! Have a great summer enjoying friends and family.
We take Jaguar Pride in All that We Do! Today is the day to Be A Champion!
Yours in Education,
EI McCulley School Goals:
- To improve student achievement in Math in all grades by selecting the appropriate evidence based instructional strategies.
- To Improve Literacy Acquisition in the Primary Grades.
- A culture of high expectations of academic excellence which supports the belief that all students can learn, progress and achieve.