- This Month's Character Trait is Perseverance
- March 1st: Coffee Forms go Home
- March 2nd: Grade 8 Grad Photos
- March 3rd: Beach Day
- March 3rd: Character Ed Assembly at 9:15 am
- March 6th-10th- Scholastic Book Fair
- March 7th- Niagara River Lions Game
- March 8th:- Ice Dogs Visit at 9:30 am
- March 8th- Family Fun Night- 6-8pm
- March 9th- K-Grade 2- Jack Grunsky Trip
- March 10th- Wear Green Shamrock Day
- March 21st- River Lions Visit at 11:30 am
- March 24th- Coffee Orders are Due
- March 24th- Jaguar Pride Day Wear Your Colours
- March 29th-Travelling Museum JK-Grade 2
- March 31st- Your favourite Movie/TV/Book Character Day
Welcome to EI McCulley School! Home to the Jaguars! Jaguar Pride! Be A Champion!
EI MCCULLEY SCHOOL GOALS:
*To improve student achievement in Math in all grades by selecting the appropriate evidence based instructional strategies.
*To Improve Literacy Acquisition in the Primary Grades.
*A culture of high expectations of academic excellence which supports the belief that all students can learn, progress and achieve.
THIS MONTH'S Character Trait: Perseverance
Message from Mr. Harley
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
We are indeed fortunate to have access to a variety of technology at E.I.McCulley. Technology is a powerful tool that is helping to transform the learning process. We hope your son(s) and daughter(s) are telling you about how they are using technology on a daily basis. What seems to be clear is that the way we learn and what we learn is changing. Certainly one of the key 21st century skills that our students need to learn is the how not just the what.
- How do I find this information?
- How do I determine from the internet what information is valid?
- How does this information fit into everything else that I am reading?
For educators the challenge will be helping students to take the wealth of information that is out there, assimilate it and help them to determine what is a valid source, what is real information?
If we want our students to be lifelong learners, we as a staff must model this on a daily basis.
In the months to come we will continue to keep you abreast at how we are using technology. In the meantime ask your children about what they are learning at E.I.McCulley
Yours in Education,Mr.D. Harley